Please apply via our website at WWW.SEMAEQUIP.COM and click the CAREER tab. Thank you for your interest in SEMA Equipment!
SEMA Equipment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
SEMA Equipment offers competitive pay and a robust benefits package including group medical insurance, supplemental insurance, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays, and MORE!
Primary focus on planters and combines along with performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Location Service Manager, Shop Foreman or senior Technicians. Provides excellent customer service.
• Primary focus on diagnostics and repairs of planters and combines.
• Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural equipment and established Precision Ag. products. Knowledge in diagnostic and repairs of tractors, combines and planters preferred
• Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
• Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
• Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
• Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
• Accounts for all time on repair order and for all material used in performing assigned duties
• Provides excellent customer service
• Other duties as assigned by Management
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
• 1+ years of experience performing planter and combine service repairs and/or equivalent educational experience
• 1+ years of experience performing diesel service repairs and/or equivalent educational experience
• Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
• Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
• Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
• Ability to lift 60 – 70 pounds frequently
• Ability to lift 75 – 100 pounds on a regular basis
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and be able to work longer hours in the busy seasons.
• Ability to bend, stoop, twist and reach on a frequent basis
• Basic data entry keyboarding skills
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft office programs
• Basic customer service and phone skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
• Candidate must become forklift certified within 30 days of employment
John Deere, mechanic, diesel, agriculture, repair
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers