compensation: Hourly, competitive based on experience, plus we offer an excellent benefits package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Farrowing Lead
Description:Farrowing Technician reports to Sow Farm Manager and is responsible for daily care,
health and maintenance for all farrowing sows and piglets at designated work site.
Hours:Generally - Monday-Friday 6:30am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs
Rotating Weekend and Holiday Schedule Required.
Compensation:Hourly, competitive based on experience, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
• Caring for and handling of sows and piglets
• Feeding and checking waters
• Monitor and assist sows during farrowing
• Provide Day 1 Care for piglets i.e. monitor and ensure newborns receive colostrum, clean piglets and adjust heat lamps
• Treat sows and piglets by administering vaccines and medicines
• Perform piglet processing duties, such as, tattooing, clipping tails, castrating, and giving iron shots
• Cleaning facilities and power washing (prepare rooms, wash, and set up)
• Pre-Farrow/Post Farrow sow movements, and shipping/receiving of animals
• Keeping detailed and accurate records
• Understand and follow Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 8 to 10hrs/day
• Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
• Must have reliable transportation
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) + Company Contribution
• Profit Sharing
• Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
• Paid Holidays
• Free Hog Yearly
No previous experience working with pigs required.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers