Turn your passion into a year-round career! Our dealership can provide you a career path as a technician with the ability to work all seasons.
If you take pride in your mechanical knowledge, get a thrill out of problem solving, want your hard work ethic to be noticed, have a drive for efficiency, or are limited to the income you can make as a technician elsewhere—RIVER VALLEY POWER & SPORT has a seat at the table for you!
We pride ourselves in a 'Small company culture, with big company compensation packages'. Family-owned business, 8th consecutive year of over 20% growth- even with competitors/industry ranking a flat year for 2019, known for long-term employees, ability to 'climb the ladder'. Being part of this incredible company will be the best decision you made yet. We are on the gas and do not plan to let up.
Business is doing so well, we have recently added to our Rochester destination. We built a state-of the-art marine facility and re-launched our powersport building. We are looking for additional manpower in the Service Department to provide superior service to internal, current, and future customers in both segments of business.
Come and grow with us! River Valley Power and Sport of Rochester is hiring technician(s). You will be working with the best support, brands, technology, tools, training, and equipment in the market.
Full benefits: YES 1st of month following 60 days, max of 90 days (Medical/Dental Ins w/ 50%+ employer paid premium, 401(k) w/match, paid time off, holiday pay, ancillary ins- life, short-term, hospital , accident insurance), product/services/parts discount, demo access program *after passing of insurance
Compensation: structure is a rich hourly base with commission on efficiency/billed hours
· Performing work on boats or powersport units to a high standard - service, diagnose, and repair/install. ATV, UTV, Motorcycle/Scoot, Snowmobile, Fiberglass boats, Aluminum boats, Jet/,In-board,Out-board.
· Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines and other major components
· Repair a variety of engines, as well as trailers
· Assist in the setup and testing of new boats and powersport product
· Ability to winterize product of all brands
· Move boats, trailers, vehicles, units, and motors of all sizes using a variety of equipment (truck, forklift, tractor, etc)
· Work with the Service Writer, Service Manager, and Parts to complete work in a timely manner
· Handle multiple work orders and utilize computer systems to document work that has been performed.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and install electronical accessories in boats including bilge pumps, charging systems, and steering systems, etc
· Maintain leading-edge knowledge of marine diagnosis technology
· Maintain clean workstation
· Ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and in good working condition
· Attend training seminars/service courses to remain certified according to dealership standards
· Attention to detail/Thoroughness
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Knowledge of gas and diesel engine components and adjustments, lower units and outdrives, rigging, service operations and parts management, fuel and lubrication systems, and testing electrical systems and engine management systems
· Haul, Load/Unload, Trailering ability
· Communication: ability to interact professionally with other staff, customers, and vendors. Ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made
· Problem-solving skills
· Lightspeed, LightspeedEVO, manufacturer software experience is a plus
· Self-motivated/ ability to work independently and efficiently
· Marine or powersport technician degree or relevant professional experience preferred
· Certification or ability to become certified by manufacturer standards *possible drug-test and background screening
Why work for River Valley Power and Sport?
River Valley Power & Sport has proven that dedication and hard work is what the powersport and marine industry thrives for. Our focus is not on servicing, rather a 'River Valley' experience to all customers, their employees, and the industry's top brands with a consecutive growth pattern of 20% annually for 8 years. We are a family-owned business that has a unique 'working hard can be FUN' culture that has kept our retention rate as one of the best in the industry. We have 3 locations within MN - Rochester, Red Wing, and Lake Minnetonka
River Valley offers a strong medical benefit package (50% employer paid premium with major hospitals in metro area in network), dental, 401k w/match, PTO, employee product discounts, powersports & marine employee demo units available to responsible staff.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers