Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
QR Code Link to This Post
Title: Farrowing Technician
Description: Farrowing Technician reports to Sow Farm Manager and is responsible for daily care, health and maintenance for all farrowing sows and piglets at designated work site.
Hours: Part-time: Weekends shifts (Saturday and Sunday) 6:30am-4:00pm, opportunities to work more hours during the week (afternoon/evening shifts) holiday breaks and summer breaks as available
Compensation: Hourly, competitive based on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
• Caring for and handling of sows and piglets
• Feeding and checking waters
• Monitor and assist sows during farrowing
• Provide Day 1 Care for piglets i.e. monitor and ensure newborns receive colostrum, clean piglets and adjust heat lamps
• Treat sows and piglets by administering vaccines and medicines
• Perform piglet processing duties, such as, tattooing, clipping tails, castrating, and giving iron shots
• Cleaning facilities and power washing (prepare rooms, wash, and set up)
• Pre-Farrow/Post Farrow sow movements, and shipping/receiving of animals
• Keeping detailed and accurate records
• Understand and follow Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 8 to 10hrs/day
• Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
• Must have reliable transportation
For questions contact Jeny at 507-301-0671
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.